ABB Specific Solutions
DataGlance has partnered with ABB’s Enterprise Software Group, an ABB Company to offer Pre-Built Solutions for the Asset Suite and EMPAC Product Lines.
DataGlance pre-built solutions address business needs in these areas:
DataGlance is the only ABB Supported Solution for Archiving data in Asset Suite and EMPAC. With the DataGlance ArcPlus Application, you can archive data from your EAM solution based on business rules. The Data you archive can be loaded into any DataStore or DataWarehouse Solution – or – can be stood up as an archive Application Instance. An archive application instance allows reports from production to be used against the archive database without modification – and – users can access the archive data using the application front end that they are already familiarity with.
BLOB Data Access/Correction
The Asset Suite BLOB table has been a veritable lockbox for Data since PassPort hit the scene in the early 90’s. Companies have been able to store EMBEDDED documents as Binary Data directly in the BLOB table – or as LINKS to documents on external systems.
Once the EMBEDDED document or LINK was written into the BLOB table – there was no turning back. There was no way to extract, modify or delete BLOB data. DataGlance changed all that with the BLOB tools for MapPlus. Using the BLOB tools for MapPlus you can:
- Switch BLOB formatting from EMBED TO LINK (and back)
- Extract/Load BLOB data in native formats
- Bulk Load linked or embedded BLOB data
- Implement BLOB extracts or loads as a Web Service
- Find and Repair Broken or Invalid BLOB Links
DataGlance supports the ability to generate PDF, TIFF or WORD documents that combine structured and unstructured data from multiple data systems and sources.
The Documents generated can be Quality Assurance Records created in compliance with regulatory requirements – such as Engineering Change, Action Tracking, Procurement Engineering, etc.; or process documents – such as Work Order Packages, RRPs, RFQs, Purchase Orders, Contracts, etc.
- Combine ABB database data with BLOB into a single document
- Include any document from any EDMS or external system
- Integrate data from Web Services and other Applications
- Generate Documents with Data Driven Features like TOC and Watermarks
- Generate an Active Field (editable) PDF document
- Support for Plotter size documents
- Load documents directly into an EDMS
- Seamlessly integrated on ABB Panels
- Generate document in multiple formats
The DataGlance Framework can expose business elements defined within it as Web Services. The Web Services enabling you to create custom User Interfaces on your Intranet that can support enhanced, mobile and optimized business processes within your organization.
One of the most technically challenging tasks that a company finds itself faced with comes on the heels of a sale of one or more facilities. The question of how to breakout the ABB Asset Suite or EMPAC data such that the acquiring entity has enough data to continue operations – but not so much data as to compromise the selling entity is daunting.
DataGlance solves this problem. Using DataGlance ArcPlus tools, entire facilities can be extracted from the Core Asset Suite system – and stood up as a freestanding Asset Suite application. Quickly, Easily, Cost Effectively.
Data Conversion/Data Migration
DataGlance MapPlus Application is used to implement a cost effective Data Migration strategy to and from ABB Asset Suite and EMPAC EAM Systems.
- Pre-Build Business Elements allow your project to save time over conventional methods
- Easy to Learn/Easy to Use Configuration tool for Custom Business Elements
- Perform LIVE LOADS into existing production systems
- LIVE data cleanup. Minimize downtime all around.
DataGlance MapPlus and ServicePlus Applications can be used to create robust, high performance interfaces between Asset Suite and any number of third party products including, but not limited to: Documentum; FileNet; eSOMS; P3; Ethany’s Qualified Supplier List (QSL) and almost any home grown systems.
- DataGlance is a MetaData based, code free solution
- Dramatically reduced Development and Maintenance costs
- Easy upgrade path as systems move forward