MapPlus provides a single, unified platform that performs all data extractions, transformations, and injections in support of any data migration effort. MapPlus examines source and target systems to detect business entities (Business Elements) such as work order or purchase order—in contrast to computing constructs such as row, column, table, or schema. MapPlus revolutionizes data migration by automatically building the entities, objects and relationships for both source and target systems within the DataGlance™ framework. MapPlus rigorously maintains referential integrity for all underlying applications—throughout the entire process. DataGlance™ Designer provides the MapPlus user with graphical tools for defining additional Business Elements that are not predefined. After the data migration is complete, all of the baseline and user-built Business Elements are available for use in MapPlus Services and Interfaces. When it’s time to import, you can perform the data injection directly into a live production system –which eliminates the need for lengthy outages!
- Reduce downtime by performing multi-stage conversion and live-production migrations, minimizing operations impact and decreasing costs.
- A common development canvas for key stakeholders; Data Modeler, Analysts and Developers.
- Analyze, profile, and validate data in terms of business entities—prior to migration. This ability helps your team verify and make necessary adjustments before you impact the production environment.
- Business-driven data conversion architecture that centers around business entities—simplifies, expedites, and minimizes errors that are typical with migration projects.
- Consistent enforcement of changes across all business entities, which results in high-performance and high-quality data validation.
- Data conversion mapping rules are defined between source and target business entities, which ensures high data integrity during the migration - reducing the chance of incomplete or orphan data.
- Rule mappings are easier to define with business entities, without concern for the underlying data structures (no programming skills necessary). Improves quality and shortens the conversion effort.
- Convert source data in any order, and reduce the amount of planning and number of conversion tasks. This approach offers much more flexibility and simplifies the conversion process.
- Manage working eWP revisions to work instructions or procedure changes.
- Remotely monitor eWP progress.
- Supervisor can force a check-in or submission of an eWP.
- Send alerts—either to a single eWP, or all eWPs.
- Review and finalize eWP when work is complete.
- Distribute complete eWPs for post-project reviews.
- Choose documents to include in a final QA work package archive.
- Manage eWP library forms, procedures, devices, and alerts.
- Monitor eWP metrics – Dashboard
- Electronically designate and store selected work orders as “Job Jar”
DataGlance™ product, MapPlus developed specifically to address today’s Data Conversion/Migration challenges. Implement Data Conversion/Migration at Business Entity Level minimizing risk and achieving high data quality with minimum or no Production Downtime.
Data conversion and migration is often necessary in these scenarios:
- Implementing a new application
- Convert legacy system data and load into new application.
- Upgrade an application
- Consolidate applications
- Data cleanup & quality improvement
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Company/Business Unit splits into two or more separate and independent entities
The DataGlance™ approach data migration and conversion process uses business entity concepts, instead of the names of database tables and data columns. A Business Entity represents a Business Object—within a particular Application. For example, a business entity can be a Customer Account, an Insurance Policy, an Invoice, a Purchase Order, or a Work Order. With this approach, our customers can implement a complete and extensivehaustive data conversion/migration process that reduces the risk and generate high data quality. This approach also provides both process and technical benefits in support of a data conversion/migration strategy.
- Business driven Data Conversion/Migration architecture.
- A common development canvas for key stakeholders; Data Modeler, Analysts and Developers.
- The data conversion/migration effort at Business Entity level, simplifies, expedites, and reduces errors associated with data conversion/migration project, substantially reducing the data conversion/migration cost.
- The data conversion/mapping rules are defined between source and target Business Entities. This enables the data to be transferred with data integrity, reducing the chances of loading incomplete or orphan data.
- Ability to apply consistent changes across Business Entity, reducing the time required in data validation.
- The data conversion/migration rule (mapping rule) at Business Entity level can be performed by team member(s) without worrying about the underlying data structure, reducing the overall data conversion/migration cost.
- A Data Analyst with minimum or no programming experience can define mapping rules without worrying about data structure. This effectively uses the resources familiar with data in data conversion/migration, ensuring a high data quality in converted data.
- The data can be converted without worrying about the order in which the data is converted. This reduces the number of execution unit resulting in simplified data conversion process.
- Analyze, Profile and Validate data at Business Entity level before converting/migrating data.
- Reduce Production downtime by performing LIVE or multi-stage data conversion/migration, effectively reducing the associated cost.
Consider the extensive list of MapPlus technical capabilities:
- Web (Internet Browser) based application, so no client installation is necessary. DataGlance™ provides a metadata-based, comprehensive solution to for planning, building, developing, and testing the data conversion/migration process.
- DataGlance™ product provides a single web based canvas on which the Data Modeler, Data Analyst, Developer, and Tester can work and interact as a cohesive team.
- Import and export data mappings to and from Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- The complete data conversion process executes using only metadata—without any source code. This supports the ability to quickly and efficiently adapt to changing data conversion/migration requirements.
- The data conversion/migration process is independent of the source and target data source. A single conversion/mapping rules set can be used to convert/migrate data between multiple data sources or different data types, such as databases, XML files, and flat files.
- Define and implement data conversion/mapping rules using custom SQL, custom scripts, and/or custom functions (implemented using Java or Database Stored Procedure/Function).
- Support for live data migration, which significantly reduces downtime.
- Support for conversion and/or migration in multiple stages, reducing application downtime and related costs.
- If necessary, back out converted data
- Support for managing reference data.
- View before and after data images, in a single data viewer to examine data from any data source—including flat files and XML data. No client installation necessary.
- Built-in support for automatic document generation, which keeps the data conversion/migration rules and documentation in sync.
- Built-in where-used-analysis to support post-conversion validation and auditing.
- Built-in support for error handling at all levels.
- Highly scalable and fast execution platform that provides full support for enterprise-wide conversion/migration projects.
- Ability to trace any conversion/migration process to find performance problems.
- Start, stop, or restart a data conversion/migration process—at any time.
- Integrated support for data profiling, data quality and validation.
DataGlance™, MapPlus supports different data sources and data in different format.
- IBM DB2 (Open and Main Frame)
- MS SQL Server
- Lotus Notes
- Any database that provides JDBC and ODBC drivers
- Flat Files (include XML data)
- Message Queue (MQ-Series and JNDI based)
DataGlance™ products are installed in an application server and accessible with the latest versions of the most popular web browsers. It supports any application server running Java v1.5+ and the Servlet API, including HP-UX, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Linux, Windows, and IBM Mainframes
Many of our customers typically achieve 40% or more savings on their overall data conversion costs, and reduce support staff by 50%.
What our Customers Say
“There is no doubt that using DataGlance™ is at least 50% faster and possibly more like 75% for simple mappings” – SAIC Data Conversion Lead
“I learned DataGlance™ in a 4 hour familiarization and was working productively with it the next day” – Entergy Analyst
“Your product is getting lots of exposure at Duke and many clients want to take advantage of your functionality” – Duke Energy IT staff member