Technical Manager – Customer Support
Our company is expanding by adding a Technical Manager for Customer Support to our growing team. The successful candidate will focus on several activities including customer product sustainment and technical satisfaction, assist with hiring and supervising a team of Customer Support Engineers, and producing then delivering technical training to customers.
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Supervise day-to-day operations of technical customer support in the customer service department
- Participation in responding to customer service technical issues in a timely manner
- Create effective customer service technical procedures, policies, and standards
- Develop customer satisfaction goals and coordinate with the team to meet them on a steady basis
- Implement an effective customer loyalty program
- Maintain accurate records and document all customer service activities and discussions
- Assess service statistics and prepare detailed reports on your findings
- Hire and train new customer service agents
- Manage the approved budget of the customer service department
- Stay informed on the latest industry techniques and methods
- Develop technical orientation training materials for Customer Support Engineers
- Develop Technical Training materials for customer training
- Deliver Technical Training to customers
- Manage Customer Support interface with the Development team
- Assist with office management activities
- Estimated 15% – 25% travel required
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related experience (Master’s degree is a plus)
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in a technical customer service position
- Experience with SQL is required
- Working knowledge of Help Desk Support Software, Zendesk is a plus
- Working knowledge of the latest technology, Cloud (AWS/Azure), Web Services, JSON, XML is required
- Working with databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server is a plus
- Basic web platforms knowledge with WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat is a plus
- Familiarity with Enterprise Asset System such as Asset Suite, Maximo, SAP, Primavera, DataGlance is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and customer service software
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of management practices and techniques
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be quality-focused, able to multi-task and be a strong problem solver
About DataGlance, Inc.
DataGlance, Inc. has been supporting power utilities since its incorporation in 2001 and is a leading provider of paperless electronic work execution solutions. DataGlance offers a suite of DGPro™ electronic Work Execution (eWE) mobile applications. Our mobile applications include; eMaintain – electronic Work Packages (eWP), eRoutine – electronic Minor Maintenance (eMM), and ePerform – electronic Procedure Package (ePP), eReview – for Supervisor reviews and approvals, and eTest – for specialized testing. In addition, DataGlance has several products that support solutions including but not limited to data conversion, data migration, data archiving, Web services, document generation.
DataGlance, Inc. provides competitive salary and benefit packages.
No recruiters please.
Please send resumes to Jobs@dataglance.com.